|Date||26/04/2016 – 28/04/2016|
|Venue||The Passenger Shed at Brunel’s Old Station|
The International Naval Engineering Conference and Exhibition is the foremost professional event in the naval engineer’s calendar and in 2016 seeks to build on previous successes and expand its international credentials.
LR is exhibiting at this event and will also have several speakers:
- Robin Townsend, Submarine Rules Project Manager
Subject: Submarine Rules
- Jim Gorton, Naval Business Support Specialist, Marine Business Development
Subject: Maintaining capability through independent assurance of machinery in naval platforms
- Tania Berry, Senior Electrotechnical Specialist, Joanne Stokes, Principal Human Factors Consultant and Bernard Twomey, Global Technology Leader for Electrotechnical Systems, Technical Policy Group
Subject: The ‘cyber enabled ship’ – what does it mean for the operators and regulators.
- Bernard Twomey will also be chairing panel discussion on 27 April on the subject of Affordable Manning and Automation
- Paul James, UK MoD Naval Liaison Office Bristol and Judith McKay, Senior Specialist, New Construction Project Team, International Naval Safety Association/LR, have written a paper on the subject: Cost effective naval safety with goal based regulation (The Naval Ship and Submarine Codes) and this will be presented by by Cdr R Fransbergen RNLN, International Naval Safety Association/Defence Materiel Organisation.